AVLCI (Astoria Vacation and Leisure Club, Inc.) values your interest as our members and recognizes that privacy is important to you. We want you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose data.
This Privacy Statement describes the privacy practices of AVLCI for data that we collect:
• Through our company websites, software applications, mobile apps, social media, call center hotlines and emails made available by us to use through computers and mobile devices (collectively, online services);
• When you visit or interact with us in our properties, exhibits and sales venues as guests (collectively, offline services);
• Other sources. We collect personal data from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners and other third parties.
The personal data we collect are information that identify you as Data Subject and throughout your journey, we collect Personal Data in accordance with law, such as:
Personal Information – refers to any information or set of information in any form that would directly identify you. These may include your name, contact number, address, email address, among others.
Sensitive Personal Information – refers to personal information which may include your nationality, marital status, age, gender, education, passport or other government identification, license number, credit card and debit card number, among others.
Privileged Information – refers to data which are considered as privileged communication under the law. These may include any information between you and your doctor, your lawyer or your spouse.
In more limited circumstances, we may also collect:
• Members preferences, inquiries and comments and any other personalized data such as your interests, activities, hobbies, food and beverage choices, services and amenities of which you advise us or which we learn about during your visit;
• Data about family members and companions, such as names and ages of children;
• Electronic data such as photos or digital images, biometrics;
• Images, video and audio data via security cameras located in public areas, such as hallways and lobbies, in our properties.
• BROWSING – We collect general information about you or your activities through which you cannot be identified. When you use the internet, your web browser or client software may transmit certain kinds of information to the servers that host the websites you visit. The information may include the IP address or unique numbers assigned to your server or internet connection, the capabilities and features of your computer, your geographic location, and your movement within and interaction with the website, including what pages you look at and what information you download. When you visit AVLCI websites, its servers collect such general information. AVLCI uses this general information to generate aggregate statistics about visitors to its website. In situations where it is possible to do so, general information may be linked to personal information.
• PHISHING AND MALWARE – AVLCI strives to maintain the highest standards of decency, fairness and integrity in all its operations. Likewise, it is dedicated to protecting its customers’ and online visitors’ privacy on its website. Browsing AVLCI’s website will not result in your computer getting infected by spyware, adware, viruses or other forms of hostile or intrusive software. AVLCI does not phish, harm or participate in any illicit or identity theft activities.
AVLCI is not responsible for the privacy policies and procedures of third-party sites that may link to AVLCI websites, or AVLCI may link to as part of past or present business relationships or initiatives. Please review the privacy policies of any linked sites you visit before using – or providing information to – any of those sites.
AVLCI may use the collected information for marketing purposes, but not limited to notify you of special promotions, offers, and events; enable it to contact you for confirmation or customer service questions, or after you sign up for or participate in certain activities; respond to inquiries, complaints, and other communications; and for profiling or demographics of members.
AVLCI may disclose Personal Information:
• To comply with a court order, subpoena, search warrant or other legal processes;
• To comply with legal, regulatory or administrative requirements of any governmental authorities;
• To protect and defend AVLCI, its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates, and all of their officers, directors, employees, attorneys, agents, contractors, and partners, in connection with any legal action, claim or dispute;
• To enforce the terms of our website;
• To prevent imminent physical harm;
• To businesses that AVLCI may use for purposes of performing its functions;
• In connection with the sale, assignment, or transfer of any subsidiary or affiliate hotel and resorts or website.
Providing personal information is required through AVLCI website to be able to provide you with our products and services we offer. You may opt not to provide any personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the limits of services offered through our website.
If you submit any personal information in behalf of another person, you represent that you have the authority to provide such information and to permit us to use said personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Personal information collected by the website is stored on secure servers. The secure servers are protected by firewalls and other standard security procedures. The secure servers are not generally accessible by unauthorized third parties, but could become accessible in the event of a security breach.
You acknowledge that you have a full understanding of and completely agree to giving your consent to AVLCI and/or its operating and related companies to collect, store, access, share, process, and/or destroy copies of your personal data.
You further agree and give consent to the sharing of all your personal information with third parties, when required by the law or public authority in connection with the above-mentioned purposes; and warrant that you are fully aware and completely understand your rights under the Data Privacy Act, including the right to request access to your personal, sensitive and/or privileged data, as well as to move for the correction of the same, if said data is already inaccurate and/or outdated.
AVLCI shall safeguard the confidentiality of all types of personal data it has collected, stored, shared or used (collectively referred to as “process”) and treat them with reasonable and appropriate degree of protection.
AVLCI is keen to protect your privacy rights.
• You have the right to be informed for which your personal data is collected.
• You have the right to access your personal data with us and right to rectify should you find that your personal data needs updating. We respect the exercise of said rights provided that the accompanying request is not vexatious and unreasonable.
• You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data or withhold consent previously given. Likewise, you have the right to erasure or blocking of your personal data. Should you exercise these rights, we will be constrained to limit your access to its facilities and/or quality service.
• You have the right to data portability.
• You have the right to damages.
You have choices when it comes to how we use your data and we want to ensure you have the information to make the choices that are right for you.
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails, you may opt out by visiting our unsubscribe page.
We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. If you opt out of receiving marketing emails from us, we will still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
If you would like to request to access, change, delete, restrict the use or object to the processing of your Personal Data that you have previously provided to us, or if you would like to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Data for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent these rights are provided to you by law), please complete this access form. If you have any questions about the form or our process, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and consistent with applicable law.
Please note that we often need to retain certain data for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or reservation, or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Data provided until after the completion of such purchase, reservation, or promotion). There may also be residual data that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed. In addition, there may be certain data that we may not allow you to review for legal, security, or other reasons.
We will retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
• The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the services);
• Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them);
• Whether retention is advisable considering our legal position (such as, for statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
Unless specifically requested, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, on or through the services or otherwise to us, any sensitive personal data (e.g., social security number, taxpayer identification number, passport number, driver’s license number or other government-issued identification number, credit or debit card details or financial account number, with or without any code or password that would permit access to the account, credit history, or information on race, religion, ethnicity, sex life or practices or sexual orientation, medical or health information, genetic or biometric information, biometric templates, political or philosophical beliefs, political party or trade union membership, background check information, judicial data such as criminal records or information on other judicial or administrative proceedings).
The services are not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we request that they not provide Personal Data through the services.
Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Statement on the online services. Your use of the services following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Statement.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us by email:
Data Privacy Officer
Astoria Vacation and Leisure Club, Inc.
15 J. Escriva Drive, Ortigas Business District, Pasig City, Philippines